RECIPE BY MARIA FROM @thefitstitch
Incredibly creamy, hearty and delicious, this thai sweet potato soup is another recipe worth recreating for your loved ones! Serve this on a cold fall or winter day with your coconut bowls and wooden spoon.
- Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
- Sweet Potato, 1 large (peeled and cubed)
- Carrots, 2 (peeled and sliced)
- Onion, 1/2 (chopped)
- Garlic Clove, 1 (minced)
- Cumin Powder, 1 tsp
- Vegetable Stock Cube, 1
- GInger, 1 tbsp (minced)
- Thai Curry Paste, 4 tbsp
- Light Coconut Milk, 1 can
- Lemon or Lime, 1 (juiced)
- Water, 2 1/2 cups
- Salt, 2 tsp
- Black Pepper, 1 tsp
- Roasted Chili Cashews
- Mixed Seeds
- ROASTED CASHEWS (OPTIONAL)
- Cashews, 1 cup
- Coconut Oil, 1 tbsp (melted or olive oil)
- Paprika, 1 tsp
- Salt, 1 tsp
- Pepper, to taste
- Chili Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 min, add ginger, garlic, cumin and curry paste and cook for another 2 min mixing constantly.
- Add sweet potato cubes and sliced carrot, salt and pepper and mix until all sweet potato and carrot pieces are covered in the Thai mixture.
- Add 3 cups of water, coconut milk and vegetable stock cube and combine. Bring mixture to a boil give a good stir to combine all ingredients together and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 25 min, until the sweet potato and carrots are soft and tender.
- Mix soup in a hight speed blender or hand blender.( Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.)
- Top with coriander or parsley, roasted cashews, lime or mixed seeds.
- For the Roasted Chili Cashews, preheat oven to 140ºC/285ºF. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes tossing and flipping around halfway.
Maria is an architect with a Masters in Sustainable Environmental Design by day and a real foodie by night. She loves creating easy and simple plant-based recipes and is passionate about our environment and all things sustainable.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls for Vegan Souls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can order 100% RISK FREE, with our 14 day money back guarantee. If you don’t instantly love our products, you can rely on our guarantee to feel safe.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.