- CORN FRITTERS
- 2 cups of corn
- 1 cup of green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of corn meal
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne
- Optional: cooking oil for frying
- AVOCADO BASIL DIP
- 1 avocado
- 6 basil leaves (medium size)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 6 tbs of water
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- In a food processor, add green onion and 1 cup of corn. Make sure you process until smooth. We recommend using non-frozen corn to maximize flavors.
- To the food processor mixture, add last 1 cup of corn and corn meal. Pulse to roughly mix.
- Place mixture in a mixing bowl. Add flour, baking soda and spices. Mix with spatula.
- Fry with preferred cooking oil for 5 minutes on each side on medium-low heat or until golden brown. Feel free to also try baking them for an oil free alternative!
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
LivinLaVeganLife creates plant-based recipes. to know more about them, please check them out at the links below.