RECIPE BY @CHLOEEVEGAN IN PARTNERSHIP WITH PIMP MY SALAD
The best way to enjoy creamy pasta is with a crunchy savoury topping! Thanks to Pimp My Salad's Coconut Bacon, we get to enjoy even tastier pasta dishes with their plant-based toppings. Feel free to use this as a topping for salads, soups and rice bowls too!
- CASHEW CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 tbsp vegan feta cheese
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 5 shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 handful sundried tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tbsp water or olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add sauce ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Place in the refrigerator.
- Heat water/oil in a frypan on medium heat and add mushrooms. Sauté for 3 minutes and add all other veggies. Cool for an extra 5 minutes and turn off heat.
- Add cheese sauce and cooked pasta. Mix well.
- Serve and garnish with coconut bacon and chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Head to https://pimpmysalad.com.au/ to join our friends at Pimp My Salad and take 15% of your entire order by adding the code 'CB15'!
CHLOE | @chloeevegan
Chloe makes delicious healthy treats that are sugar-free and vegan. Click through the link above to follow her story and for more sweet treats!
Hi there! We’re Olga and Alex, the founders of Pure and Pimp My Salad brands. Originally from Russia, we travelled the world, and eventually fell in love with Australia. After settling in our new home country, we noticed it was difficult to find healthy snack foods that actually tasted good.
So we began dreaming up recipes to make healthy, natural foods as delicious as they are nutritious. We believe that pure, whole foods, sourced from clean sustainable farms keep us healthy and full of energy. Now, having traded our careers in medical biology (Olga) and software design (Alex) for the adventure of growing Pure Fields, we’re devoted to helping people live healthy, joyful lives — by making eating well effortless.