Tamari marinated tofu provides the protein in this dish, but this can be exchanged for a plant-based protein of your choice. Adding in additional vegetables according to seasonal availability is a great way to bulk up an already wholesome and delicious dinner.
- Coconut Oil, 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds, 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds, 1 tsp
- Fresh Ginger, 1 tbsp (grated)
- Shallots, 4 pcs. (finely chopped)
- Fresh Turmeric, 1/2 tbsp (grated, or 1 tsp Turmeric Powder)
- Red Chili, 1 (chopped)
- Ground Coriander, 1 tsp
- Zucchini, 1 large (julienned)
- Coconut Milk, 3 cups
- Filtered Water, 1 cup
- Fresh Coriander, 1 small bunch (chopped, reserve some for garnish)
- Rice Noodles, 200 g
- Marinated Tofu
- Coconut Oil, 1 tsp
- Fresh GInger, 1 tbsp (grated)
- Tamari, 1 tbsp
- Organic Tofu, 200 g (cubed)
- Sesame Seeds, 2 tbsp
- Melt coconut oil in heavy based, deep saucepan.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds, cook a few minutes (seeds will begin to pop).
- Then add ginger, shallots, turmeric, chilli and ground coriander. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add zucchini, toss in spice mix and cook a further 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and filtered water. Reduce heat and cook for a further 10 minutes, adding in fresh coriander in the last two minutes.
- Whilst laksa is simmering, cook noodles according to manufacturers instructions and prepare tofu.
- To prepare tofu, place coconut oil, ginger and tamari in heavy based frypan and gently heat.
- Toss tofu in sesame seeds and then lightly pan fry in tamari mix, a few minutes each side.
- Place noodles in your favorite Coconut Bowls and top with laksa soup and tofu.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, basil shallots, bean sprouts, lime and/or chilli.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls for Vegan Souls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can order 100% RISK FREE, with our 14 day money back guarantee. If you don’t instantly love our products, you can rely on our guarantee to feel safe.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.