RECIPE BY YASMIN FROM @VGNBITES_
Nothing beats homemade cookies, especially if they're guilt-free! These cookies are made with natural ingredients, making it one of the best options for a dessert or snack any time of the day.
makes 30 cookies
- Tahini, 1 1/2 cup (you can sub this with another smooth and runny nut or seed butter, but there might be some flavour changes in the cookie itself)
- Maple Syrup, 1 cup
- Pumpkin Purée, 1 cup
- Pumpkin Spice Blend, 4-6 tsp
- Vanilla Powder or Extract, 2 tsp
- Baking Powder, 3 tsp
- Gluten-free Flour, 2 & 1/3 cup (oat flour and GF flour blend are best, using almond and coconut flour might change the texture and volume of the cookie)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 170°C.
- Add all ingredients in one bowl and mix. Be careful not to overmix the dough.
- Take a few tablespoons of dough and roll into small little balls. Press down with your hand and shape the edges so it's smooth. Take a fork and press marks on top of the cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them as every oven behaves differently.
- Let it cool in the pan. They will be soft while warm but they will harden as they continue to cool.
- If you prefer a firmer cookie, bake for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy and serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls!
Vgnbites_ is all about healthy, plant-based recipes that are easy to follow, tastes delicious and focuses on wholesome ingredients. Join Yasmin in her kitchen to make amazing smoothies and learn more about how to make healthy food choices.
YouTube Channel: Vgnbites