The secret here is actually blending the ripe bananas into a “banana milk”, which makes it super easy as no mashing is required. Plus, the air incorporated into the blending makes the bread even fluffier! Makes: 1 Loaf
2 cups of self-raising flour
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon*
½ cup of coconut oil, melted
300g very ripe spotty bananas (about 3 large bananas)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 160℃/ 325℉ and line a baking tin with non-stick paper
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients
3. In a blender, blend together the wet ingredients until a banana “milk” forms
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry and fold until a thick batter is formed.
5. Transfer the batter to the lined tin and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean
6. Allow the loaf to cool completely before slicing
*Storage tips: in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for 1 month.
Michelle is a Dentist and vegan food blogger from Brisbane. She loves sharing simple & tasty vegan recipes via her Instagram platform @run2food. She has also created a website with an archive of all her recipes www.run2food.com. Michelle is on a mission to show that you can thrive off a plant-based diet.