Soft and tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, these cauliflower buffalo “wings” are so close to the real deal it’s hard to believe. This recipe is a great substitution for buffalo chicken wings. Dip in sriracha aioli and we can guarantee you’ll be going back for more!
This cauliflower recipe from ourSimple Swaps cookbookis absolutely mouthwateringly delicious, that's while even if you haven't purchased our new cookbook - we're happy to give it to you for free.
This is one of the simplest and tastiest plant based swaps to a well known dish that traditionally contain chicken.
INGREDIENTS Cauliflower Wings:
1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 cup soy milk
1⁄2 cup water
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1⁄2 tsp paprika powder
salt and black pepper, to taste
1 cup vegan BBQ sauce
Vegan Sriracha Aioli:
1 cup raw cashews
1⁄2 cup lemon juice
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1⁄4 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp sriracha sauce
1. Heat the oven to 200°C (400°F). 2. In a large bowl, whisk together all the batter ingredients.
3. Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter, so they’re completely coated.
4. Roll each piece in the breadcrumbs.
5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and evenly space the cauliflower florets on the baking tray.
6. Bake for 30–40 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
7. Meanwhile, make the vegan Sriracha aioli, by placing all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Purée until smooth (not grainy). Store in an airtight container in the fridge until required.
8. Divide your buffalo cauliflower “wings” between bowls and serve with vegan sriracha aioli.
If you're yet to explore this cookbook, it includes the ultimate collection of over 100 healthy, plant based recipe swaps to traditional meals you already know and love - yet maybe thought were no longer an option if you follow a vegan diet.