No food processor, no worries! Here is a protein ball recipe that does not require a machine at all - literally just two bowls, spatulas and your own hands for rolling! These protein balls literally taste like peanut butter cookie dough... and if you wanted cookies you could totally bake them too!
MAKES: 8 balls
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 scoop (40g) vegan caramel protein powder
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate, chopped (plus extra chocolate for coating)
1. DRY: In a large bowl, mix the almond meal, coconut flour and protein powder together
2. WET: In a separate bowl, mix the almond milk, peanut butter and maple syrup together until smooth
3. Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until a cookie dough forms
4. Fold the choc chips through
5. Divide the dough into 8 portions and roll into balls.
6. Optional step: melt extra chocolate and roll the balls in the chocolate to coat
*Storage tips: in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for months, allowing it to thaw at room temperature for a few mins before serving.
Michelle is a Dentist and vegan food blogger from Brisbane. She loves sharing simple & tasty vegan recipes via her Instagram platform @run2food. She has also created a website with an archive of all her recipes www.run2food.com. Michelle is on a mission to show that you can thrive off a plant-based diet.