Crispy, sweet, fudgy and chocolatey...These healthified treats are guaranteed to be a favourite in every household!
Makes: 8 large slices
1 1/2 cups rice bubbles
1/4 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup of the peanut caramel filling *Dash of liquid if needed
1/2 cup roasted & salted peanuts
2 cups dates, pitted
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup water (or plant milk)
150g dairy-free chocolate
1 tablespoon vegan vanilla protein powder
1. Line a small container with non-stick paper (10 x 20cm).
2. PEANUT CARAMEL: Add the dates and water to the food processor and blend until a paste forms. Add in the peanut butter & protein powder and blend until smooth and thick. Set aside
3. RICE BUBBLE BASE: Combine the rice bubbles & protein powder. Mix in 1/2 cup of the peanut caramel until all the protein powder has fully dissolved & rice bubbles are all coated, you can add a dash of maple syrup/ liquid here if you need. You can use clean hands coated in coconut oil to mix to make it easier and less sticky.
4. Sprinkle the roasted peanuts over the base & press them down firmly into the rice bubbles.
5. Spread the peanut caramel evenly on top of the base. Put the slice into the freezer to set for at least 2 hours
6. CHOC COATING: melt the dark chocolate and stir in the protein powder until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the slice. Return to the freezer for 30 mins before slicing.
**Storage tips: in an airtight container in the freeze, allowing it to thaw for a couple of mins at room temp before serving.
Michelle is a Dentist and vegan food blogger from Brisbane. She loves sharing simple & tasty vegan recipes via her Instagram platform @run2food. She has also created a website with an archive of all her recipes www.run2food.com Michelle is on a mission to show that you can thrive off a plant-based diet.